_Universal: Integrating a document with the component type Universal into versiondog
To integrate a document with the component type Universal into versiondog , proceed as follows:
- Start the UserClient.
- Create a new directory/subdirectory (F7) in the Project tree.
- Click on New component (F8).
- In the dialog Create component, located in the Project tree, select the directory and then select the component.
- Mark the component and click on Create component.
- Click on Show in file manager (Ctrl + E).
- Copy the document into the file manager, save it and close the file manager.
- Click on Create base version and Check-In.
The document is now integrated into versiondog and can be management within versiondog .
FAQ: You perform a Check-In of a component that is a Documentation component type and while doing so a dialog box "Unversioned changes in working directory" pops up, informing you that "these unversioned changes will not be copied to the server”. What changes are referred to here and how should you go about resolving the problem?
The user wishes to create and Check-In a version of a component that is a Documentation component type. The component was created with a file whose name contains a hyphen with the shortcut (ALT + 0150). When creating a new version of the component, a dialog box appears, telling you that the "unversioned changes will not be copied to the server".
The dialog box appeared because the hyphen with the shortcut (ALT + 0150) was not recognized and was therefore replaced by another symbol.
If you click on Continue, the component will be saved on the server. We strongly recommend, when naming Documentation component types, that you do not use the shortcut (ALT + 0150).